St. Luke's United Church of Christ of Independence, Missouri is accepting resumes for the position of Conductor. It is a permanent, part-time position which offers salary commensurate with experience and comparable with music community standards. This position provides a vital ministry to our choirs and congregation. Although our history is very traditional, there is an expressed desire to investigate a more blended music program. We have enjoyed a myriad of different music experiences and wish to continue exploring additional avenues.
At this time our church has a chancel choir, bell choir and children's music activities. The bells consist of five octaves of bells and three octaves of hand chimes. St. Luke's has a large library of both choral and bell music. The chancel and bell choirs both meet for rehearsal on Wednesday evenings at this time.
Qualifications: The Conductor shall possess the following qualifications:
· A high school diploma
· Educational course work in music
· Experience in directing music programs, church experience preferred
· Proficient in reading music and directing choirs and musical performances
· A creative and positive attitude
· Ability to self-direct
· A reliable, trustworthy work ethic
· Ability and interest in working with children
Job Responsibilities: The Conductor’s basic function is to direct choirs for rehearsals and worship services at St. Luke’s UCC church. Responsibilities include:
1. Music at Worship Services
· In coordination with the Pastor, select appropriate choral and/or handbell music for each worship service.
· Work closely with the Pastor and the Music Committee in the area of planning and leading the choirs.
· Purchase necessary music and supplies and secure instrumental and/or vocal soloists within the annual budget.
2. Chancel Choir
· Lead the Chancel Choir during their regular performance season from Labor Day weekend to Memorial Day.
· In coordination with the Organist/Pianist, rehearse weekly with the choir.
3. Handbell Choir
· Lead the Handbell Choir during the regular performance season from Labor Day weekend to Memorial Day.
· Rehearse weekly with the choir.
4. Children’s Music
· Lead a short music time with the children during the opening of Sunday School each week.
Resumes or questions can be forwarded to Rev. E. Paul Emily at email@example.com or Music Chair, Patti McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org. The church Administrative Assistant is Mrs. Nanette Moore. The church phone is 816-461-0302.